This course will cover co-occurring disorders in children and adolescents.
- Define co-occurring disorders
- Recognize the interaction between the dimensions of substance and psychiatric disorders
- To possess the ability to engage individuals with co-occurring disorders in an empathic and accepting manner
- Be familiar with screening tools, and the ability to identify the presence of co-occurring disorders.
- Have a working knowledge of the diagnostic criteria for substance abuse and dependence/ related mental health disorders.
- Gain a working knowledge of service delivery systems available for adolescents with co-occurring disorders